Coaching Skills For Manager
Coaching skills are useful for managers who are interested in helping adults to feel engaged and to thrive. Managers who have developed their coaching abilities establish trusting, mutually respectful environments. They build on the past experiences of their staff and are skilled at supporting their staff to make positive improvements. The history of coaching stretches back to Socrates and coaching methods are derived from the principles of adult learning and psychology.
Aim: To equip managers with the skills necessary to coach their staff to higher performance.
Objectives: By the end of the course participants will be able to
• Describe what coaching is and what it is not
• Identify the skills that a manager needs to be an effective coach
• Use coaching skills in group situations
• Understand how to structure 1-2-1 coaching sessions
• Give feedback more effectively
• Use coaching techniques to support staff to take greater
responsibility for their own progress
• Plan for their own development as coaches
This is a highly interactive course. Your existing skills will be enhanced
and developed. There will be ample opportunity to practice your skills
and to plan how to apply them to real life situations.