Adult Protection/ Elder Abuse
Protection of Vunerable Adults-What Care workers need to know!
All staff who work in direct care services
To provide participants with a broad understanding of the issues & legislation involved in the Abuse of vulnerable adults.
Why do this course?
- To clarify definitions of abuse, its incidences, prevalence, signs and symptoms
- Identify the principle causes of abuse
- Recognise the signs & symptoms of Elder Abuse
- Identify circumstances when abuse is most likely to occur in care settings
- Understand how to report & respond to Abuse
Overview of definitions, signs & symptoms and prevalence
Reflect on participants own experiences
Examine the history of concern in long term care settings
Explore some of the feelings associated with abusive settings
Duration: 1 day
If you would like more information on this course or any of our services then please contact us on +353 (0)57 873 3327 or send us an email to email@example.com - alternatively you can send us an enquiry by using our online enquiry form.